I work with organisations and individuals, proofreading and editing different materials.
Proofreading usually involves:
- Checking spelling, punctuation, and grammar
- Ensuring consistency of formatting and layout, including things like capitalisation and hyphenation
- Checking your headings and page numbers follow your table of contents
- Applying a house style or style guide
Whatever you need proofreading, contact me today to find out how we can work together.
If you’re a student looking for a professional to proofread your essay or thesis, find out more about my essay service here.
Editing is usually more in-depth than proofreading. There are many different types of editing.
The editing process can include looking at the “bigger picture”:
- Does your material have a clear structure?
- Does your novel have a sound plot, narrative flow and a good sense of tension?
- Is your article or thesis easy to follow and understand?
- Are there areas of confusing or irrelevant material?
An editor can also advise you on the finer details of your text, including:
- Sentence structure and use of English idioms and turns of phrase
- Punctuation, spelling, grammar, and consistency of style
Some materials may require editing, some may require proofreading. Quite often, there will be some overlap between the two.
I like to ensure all my clients get a fair price for their project, whatever their needs. Find out more about pricing here.
Please contact me to discuss your project. We can find a solution that works for you.